While using colocation services at a datacenter have become Many companies, more common daily still choose to host their services. What are the top 10 reasons a company use colocation services and should make the move? NetSource, a provider of colocation services from the Chicago suburbs, provides some of the key reasons businesses move.
1) Layout / Infrastructure: colocation hosting examples are constructed To specifications and standards to fulfill the needs of the high-tech hardware. Datacenters are made with renewable power, cooling (HVAC), Generators, security systems and many different facets that can cost millions of dollars. These programs are monitored by professionals 24/7/365. Businesses can benefit from this instead of trying to host their own equipment in a place.
2) Risk Management: Having your information in a Safe off-site Location is a superb way to manage your own business risks if you’re hosting your primary data at your office location. Many businesses use datacenters as their”disaster recovery” location so that they can recover from a significant event at their workplace. Many businesses also decide to utilize the datacenter for copies and recovery as their workplace and the primary place. For particular types of businesses it is a requirement to generate a full disaster recovery (DR) strategy to show how they will recover data they’re hosting for their customers.
mind. This usually means that many facilities have N+1 redundancies built into the infrastructure such as electricity, cooling, bandwidth, and networking. At standard office places it might not even be possible to execute this sort of redundancy, and can be high once it is the prices.
4) Bandwidth: Bringing in 100 mbps of bandwidth May Be Hard at an office place. Try bringing in 10 gbps or a 1 gbps and it might be impossible. Insert a line that is redundant by a different provider and that I think you can see the prices start to pile up. Datacenters have large bandwidth pipes and links are received by them . This gives you lots of benefits for a portion of the cost. Use the datacenter’s economy of scale and you’ll get better service for less cost typically.
5) Safety: Datacenters by are constructed to be protected by nature. Datacenters have security features and also are currently protecting tens of thousands of dollars of hardware. A datacenter may have key or biometric card access and entry . Datacenters have 24/7/365 security camera surveillance and personnel on-site protecting the equipment. It is hard to find this level of security and your customers may require datacenters are usually the smartest choice, when you add in security certifications.
6) Compliance / Obligations: Many companies attempting To do hosting may overlook specific certifications their clients may require. Many organizations need to prove they’re protecting the information they host and also an audit may have to prove this. Datacenters hold this and these certifications can save companies thousands of dollars each year. Certifications like Safe Harbor, PCI, HIPAA, and SSAE16 Type II are only a couple of the items which may be necessary when hosting the data of a customer. Hosting in a colocation provider can make the process of being licensed much simpler by allowing auditors to review certificates at datacenter.
7) Cost: Creating and managing even a datacenter can Be very expensive. Is it worth the expense to Construct your datacenter when it May not be as dependable as a colocation facility? You Want to factor in The price of maintenance but also not only the infrastructure. When you Factor in the prices to gain certifications which may be required you can Save massive amounts of cash once you host with a datacenter that is local than hosting in-house. It is hard to Ascertain how much cash you risk to lose If you are hosting in an site that is unreliable.